Animal Adoption Counselor
Customer service-minded skills/personality required and animal experience preferred, but not required. Applicant must love working with people and pets, while taking the initiative to do things without being told. Must be a quick learner and flexible.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide potential adopters accurate information regarding animal temperament, behavior, age, breed and sex.
- Assist potential adopters in the adoption process including the completion of adoption applications.
- Review and approve adoption applications, in accordance with adoption policies.
- Assist callers with information and contact veterinary clinics.
- Administrative duties will include work with Shelter and Volunteer software to update, input and compile data.
- Promote positive relationships with guests, volunteers and staff while promoting the humane society's programs, policies and philosophies.
- Assist with the planning, preparation, and execution of volunteer related activities.
- Responsible for responding to emails and phone messages in a timely manner.
- Assist with small events and communicating with volunteers.
- He/she should be able to troubleshoot and problem solve effectively, while maintaining composure around staff, potential adopters, donors, animals and volunteers.
Work schedule may vary. Core hours are as follows:
- Tuesdays: 2:30 - 7:00 pm
- Wednesdays: 10:30 am - 6:00 pm
- Thursdays: 10:30 am - 6:00 pm
- Fridays: 10:30 am - 6:00 pm
- Saturdays: 10:30 am - 4:00 pm
$8.25 per hour with an average of 31 hours a week.
- High school graduate/equivalent or above.
- Previous customer service experience required.
- Must be able to stand, walk, stoop, bend, and kneel for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work with a small team and to be able to communicate well with everyone.
- Must be able to push or pull at least 50 pounds for situations of restraining or moving animals.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Proficient computer skills including the use of Microsoft Word/Excel and the ability to type at least 40 words a minute.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Comfortable with handling dogs, cats, and small animals (rats, hamsters, guinea pigs, rabbits, etc.)
Please submit resume no later than Monday, November 27, 2017.
Humane Society of Central Illinois
423 Kays Drive, Normal, IL
November 9, 2017