Pet Care Tips
- Provide your pet with a warm place to sleep and a nice bed.
- Keep antifreeze away from your pets since it is a highly poisonous substance.
- Bang your car hood before starting your car to make sure no cats have wandered underneath to stay warm.
- Never let your dog off the leash during a snowstorm as it cannot easily retrace its scent over snow or ice and may become lost.
- Wipe off your dog's paws when it comes out of the snow or ice and watch for salt. Increase your pet's supply of foods, especially protein.
- Never leave your pet in a car which can quickly turn into an oven even with the windows slightly open.
- Give your pet plenty of cool, clean water at all times.
- Provide plenty of shade for a dog that stays outside.
- Do not leave your pet shut in an empty house or tied outside while on vacation.
- Never force your dog to run in hot, humid weather.
- Watch out for fleas and ticks that may infest your pet.
For Your Cat's Health and Happiness...
- Give your cat a well balanced diet and always plenty of clean water.
- Clean your cat's litter box daily.
- Take your cat to the vet for a check-up once a year.
- Have your female cat spayed or your male cat neutered.
- Buy or build a solid scratching post for your cat.
- Brush or comb your cat on a daily basis.
For Your Dog's Health and Happiness...
- Feed your dog a well balanced diet with plenty of fresh water available at all times.
- Take your dog out at least three times a day.
- Take your dog to the vet once a year for a full check-up.
- Have your female dog spayed or your male dog neutered.
- Check your dog's collar regularly to make sure it's not too tight.
- Brush or comb your dog daily.