Rabbit Ownership Grows By "Hops and Jumps"
- From 1992 to 2000, the percentage of "small animal households" owning rabbits jumped from 24 percent to 40 percent.
- There are now approximately 5.3 million companion rabbits owned by 2.2 million households in America.
- The number of adults-only households owning rabbits among all households that own rabbits increased from 26 percent in 1996 to 39 percent in 2000.
- Rabbits can have a new litter approximately every 30 days.
- The potential lifespan of a rabbit is 7 to 10 years and some even live into their teens.