Special Needs | Office | Pets | Fundraising | Building
The Humane Society of Central Illinois is a Not-For-Profit organization, relying solely on contributions. Ultimately, the best way to help HSCI is to make a monetary donation. Our existence is only possible through the support of our community. In order for us to pay employees, pay utilities, our mortgage, and vet bills, we need over $400,000 yearly. Please show your support for our work by keeping us in the community. We need a place for pets to go.
If you can donate any of the following items, this will save the HSCI from having to purchase them. Items can be brought to the Pet Adoption Center at 423 Kays Drive, Normal, IL.
Special Needs List
- Cash donations are always appreciated, and would go toward expenses at the Pet Adoption Center, such as utilities, mortgage, staff, maintenance, food, sutures, and vaccines.
- Sponsor a cat spay/neuter surgery morning for $400. This serves about 20 cats. If you want to sponsor cat spay/neuter surgeries individually, they run $30. spay/neuter donations
- Gift cards/certificates at office supply stores or home maintenance stores are always welcome so we can buy items as needed.
- Gas gift cards would be especially welcome at this time for use with transportation.
- If you are a State Farm employee, you can earn the $500 Good Neighbor Grant for HSCI. To qualify for the grant requires 40 hours of volunteer time. Please email Eric or Sherill if you have any questions.
Office Wish List - Items shown in red are frequently needed.
- Postage stamps
- Gift Cards/Certificates for office supply stores, Wal-Mart
and Target, to cover non-donated office expenses such
as cash register tape and larger items.
- Toilet tissue
- Liquid hand soap
- White 8½" x 11" copy paper
- Disinfecting wipes
- Facial tissue
- Green and red dry erase markers
- Laminating pouches (heat)
Pets Wish List - Donations of any of these are greatly appreciated and can be left at the office.
- Gentle Leader Headcollars - different sizes *
- Easy Walk Harnesses - different sizes *
- Generic powder laundry detergent
- Non-clumping clay cat litter
- Antibacterial Dishwashing soap
- Paper towels
- Hand sanitizer (large refill bottles)
- Cat litter scoops
- Distilled water
- See note below regarding Pet Food.
- Dog/cat toys & stuffed animals - washable
- Dog toys for large dogs
- Paper-based small animal bedding such as CareFresh
- Gift Cards/Certificates to pet stores for small animal supplies as needed
- Timothy Hay for small animals
- Garbage bags: 13 gallon tall kitchen
- Ziplock bags: snack size
- Drum liners 55 gallon
* These are the tools that all dogs are walked with so, if someone has used ones in good condition we would love to have them!
Pet Food: Often people immediately think of buying pet food for a pet shelter. This has the best of intentions, however, because we have pets coming in with various health issues, it is essential we quickly address their nutritional needs. We cannot manage our pets health if everyone eats different brands of different quality. We also want to avoid medical problems often caused by low-quality and high ash foods. A pet suffering from on-going stomach problems will create more medical expenses and be less attractive to an adopter. HSCI feeds all our pets Hill's Science Diet products and is a part of the Hill's Science Diet Shelter Feeding Program.
Fundraising Wish List - The fundraising folks are in real need of the following items:
- Iceberg folding table 48" (available at Sam's Club)
- Food/Video Coupons/Gift Certificates for $5 and under for volunteer recognition
- Color paper for flyers
Building / Other - The following items would be a great help to us:
- Gift Certificates to home center stores to purchase repair
materials for doorknobs, locks, toilets, fences, screens,
windows, door trim, etc.
- Large push brooms
- Dustpans with small whisk brooms
- Garden hoses to fill dog swim pools (as long as possible)
- Kiddie swimming pools for dogs to cool off in
- Straw to cover dog kennel area in wet season
- Pet friendly salt in winter
Please call the HSCI office at (309) 451-1000 if you can donate any of these items or contribute to their purchase. Any items will be appreciated! Thank you from your Animal Friends and the Humane Society of Central Illinois!