COVID-19 Shelter Update - Effective Saturday, July 18, 2020
The health and safety of our pets, staff, volunteers and potential adopters continues to be our main focus during this challenging time. Our mission is still to Find loving, forever homes for abused and unwanted pets by pairing adopters with available pets. Adoptions are by appointment only. The process to adopt is:
- View the Available Pets pages (Cats, Dogs and Rabbits & More) on our website. All available pets are listed on the website.
- Complete an online Adoption Application noting the pet that you are interested in meeting.
- HSCI staff will review the application and notify you of the status including the availability of the pet. We may have received multiple applications for the same pet.
- Once your application has been approved and the animal is available, HSCI staff will contact you via telephone to schedule an appointment for a meet and greet.
- If you have an approved application on file (applications are kept for six months) and would like to set up an appointment to view a particular pet, please call us at (309) 451-1000.
- Appointments will be scheduled Tuesday through Saturday. Facemasks are required when visiting the shelter and visitors must adhere to social distancing guidelines.
Volunteers - Please check the Volunteer page and sign up for a time slot on SignUpGenius, using the link Welcome Back, Volunteers. You must have completed the Volunteer Orientation class. We are excited to have the volunteers back!
Pet of the Week
Hey! My name is Shane and I am a one year old boy! I am a friendly cat that enjoys pets and attention. I am very vocal at times when I am looking for attention. I like to roam around the room and see what everyone is up to. More...
Bake Sale at Ace Hardware!
Come out to our Bake Sale at Ace Hardware at 204 E. College Ave, in Normal, on Saturday, August 15 from 9:00 am - 4:30 pm.
There will be many delicious baked goods to choose from. All proceeds go to the HSCI.
Volunteerism is an integral part of the HSCI and enables us to make a difference in the lives of thousands of homeless pets. We could not exist without the time, effort, and enthusiasm that each volunteer commits to giving. If you are interested in volunteering, see the list of Volunteer Opportunities.
There are many ways in which you can include the Humane Society of Central Illinois (HSCI) as a part of your estate plan, and when done properly the inclusion of a charitable beneficiary such as the HSCI as a part of your estate plan can not only allow for your generosity to benefit animals in need, but it can provide tax benefits that may benefit the non-charitable beneficiaries of your estate plan as well. read on...
The ASAP Fund was established by the Donor Fund Trustees to provide emergency or extraordinary medical services for animals sheltered at the HSCI.
Become a Sponsor!
HSCI is very grateful to our Sponsors.
Become one today with a donation of cash, goods or services of $500 or more. Join us now!
Hill's Science Diet
We feed our pets Hill's Science Diet.
To learn about Hill's Science Diet products visit their website.