Effective Saturday, July 18
COVID-19 Shelter Updates
The health and safety of our pets, staff, volunteers and potential adopters continues to be our main focus during this challenging time. Our mission is still to find loving, forever homes for abused and unwanted pets by pairing adopters with available pets. Adoptions are by appointment only. The process to adopt is:
- View the Available Pets pages (Cats, Dogs and Rabbits & More) on our website. All available pets are listed on the website.
- Complete an online Adoption Application noting the pet that you are interested in meeting.
- HSCI staff will review the application and notify you of the status including the availability of the pet. We may have received multiple applications for the same pet.
- Once your application has been approved and the animal is available, HSCI staff will contact you via telephone to schedule an appointment for a meet and greet.
- If you have an approved application on file (applications are kept for six months) and would like to set up an appointment to view a particular pet, please call us at (309) 451-1000.
- Appointments will be scheduled Tuesday through Saturday. Facemasks are required when visiting the shelter and visitors must adhere to social distancing guidelines.
Please check the Volunteer page and sign up for a time slot on SignUpGenius, using the link Welcome Back, Volunteers. You must have completed the Volunteer Orientation class. We are excited to have the volunteers back!