Effective Friday, November 20, 2020
COVID-19 Shelter Updates
The health and safety of our pets, staff, volunteers and potential adopters continues to be our main focus during this challenging time. Adoptions are by appointment only. The process to adopt is:
- View the Available Pets pages (Cats, Dogs and Rabbits & More) on our website. All available pets are listed on the website.
- Complete an online Adoption Application noting the pet that you are interested in meeting.
- Once your application has been approved and the animal is available, HSCI staff will contact you via telephone to schedule an appointment for a meet and greet.
- If you have an approved application on file (applications are kept for six months) and would like to set up an appointment to view a particular pet, please call us at (309) 451-1000.
- Appointments will be scheduled Tuesday through Saturday. Facemasks are required when visiting the shelter and visitors must adhere to social distancing guidelines.
Volunteers - Effective Friday, November 20, 2020, HSCI has suspended all volunteer activity to comply with the Governor's Teir 3 mitigations.