Animal Care Attendant
The Humane Society of Central Illinois currently has a part-time opening (27 hours per week) for an Animal Care Attendant. This position requires weekend and holiday hours.
Hours (You must be available to work during these hours. No exceptions.):
- Monday: 7:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Tuesday: 7:00 am - noon
- Thursday: 7:00 am - noon
- Saturday: 7:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Sunday: 7:00 am - noon
Flexibility is a plus to fill in for absences or when additional staff is needed. Shelter is open from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Cleaning pet areas & their belongings (cages, rooms, laundry, dishes) for cats, dogs and small animals. Sanitizing and cleaning is a large part of the work day.
- Report any observed medical problems.
- Report any behavioral problems.
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Report to work during assigned shifts. Be aware of the posted schedule, checking weekly for possible changes.
- Control the animals that are being handled, ensuring that no animal or person is injured.
- Walking dogs.
- Routine care of pets (bathing, brushing, etc.)
- Provide kennel enrichment and socialization of animals.
- Assist volunteers.
- Work independently.
- Building / grounds responsibilities (mopping, sweeping, garbage, etc.)
- High school graduate/equivalent or above.
- Prior animal handling experience and knowledgeable of animal behavior.
- Experience handling dogs and cats in a veterinary setting a plus.
- Must be able to stand, walk, stoop, bend, and kneel for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to push or pull at least 50 pounds.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Valid Driver's License and reliable transportation.
- Comfortable with handling dogs, cats, and small animals (rats, hamsters, guinea pigs, rabbits, etc.)
Position involves high exposure to outside climate (rain, wind, snow, etc.), cleaning products (i.e. bleach and disinfectants) and pets so those with pet allergies should not apply. Experience with pets preferred.
Please submit resume to the manager no later than Wednesday, June 3, 2020.
Please no phone calls.
Humane Society of Central Illinois|
423 Kays Drive, Normal, IL
May 23, 2020