Events and Community Outreach Coordinator
Humane Society of Central Illinois is seeking an Events and Community Outreach Coordinator that will be responsible for developing, planning and implementing numerous one-time as well as ongoing, fundraising and community outreach events throughout the year in a deadline driven, fast-paced environment. Promote events using social media. Must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision, and be willing to work evenings and weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Formulate a calendar of events; plan and coordinate events including budgeting, implementation, marketing, overseeing volunteers, developing agenda and activities, vendor relations, set-up, working the event, break-down and follow-up. Develop new fundraising activities including donations through social media. Solicit donations from donors and businesses.
Prepare newsletter for online and print publication at least three times annually. Attend speaking engagements with various community organizations (local schools, clubs, civic groups etc.) as assigned. Coordinate promotional and support materials as needed for events and outreach. Act as an ambassador for the Shelter at outreach events.
Serves as back up for Adoption Counselors to cover for absences and assist during high volume time.
- High School diploma or higher degree.
- Valid and unrestricted driver's license.
- Minimum one year of experience in fundraising, event planning, marketing, and public speaking.
- Excellent skills in verbal and written communication, customer service and public presentations.
Skills & Abilities
- Proven social media skills (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to be flexible, multi-task, and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, basic graphic design.
- Proficient with Adobe Suite including InDesign.
- Comfortable handling companion animals.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, relationship building and stewardship skills; ability to personally connect with, network and engage diverse groups.
- Flexible with a strong work ethic.
- Willingness to adjust hours to accommodate the needs of the job.
Working Conditions / Physical Demands
- Normal office environment as well as offsite events and activities.
- Type and/or view computer screens for long periods required.
- Working in a fast-paced environment which can be very stressful.
- Must be able to stand, walk, stoop, bend, and kneel for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to push or pull at least 50 pounds.
- High exposure to cats and dogs and pet allergens.
Work schedule is typically Tuesday - Saturday averaging 30 hours per week. Additional hours may be required during peak event times. Work schedule and hours may vary; evenings and weekends required.
Please submit resume to the manager no later than Tuesday, July 7, 2020.
Please no phone calls.
Humane Society of Central Illinois|
423 Kays Drive, Normal, IL
June 9, 2020